Monday, August 11, 2008

Anderson Cooper v. Dina Lohan


On a recent episode of Live with Regis and Kelly, Anderson Cooper stood in for Regis. I actually watched a 1 hr TV special about Cooper’s life, which if you don’t know has got some really interesting material. To start he’s one of the heirs to the Vanderbilt fortune which means he’s part of one of the richest families in the world. He graduated from Yale and was a member of a skull and bones-type secret society. Additionally he looked his 23-year old brother in the face as the troubled youth jumped to his death off the 14 story New York penthouse in a successful suicide (although it’s hard to apply the word successful to something like that). I didn’t say it was all roses.

Getting off track here. The main thing I wanted to post was this brief rant he went on about America’s favorite little Firecrotch Lindsey Lohan and her messed up family. I’ll try to post a link to the streaming video here, but here’s a rough transcript of what was said (KR is Ripa and AC is Cooper).
Edit:Here's a decent copy of this interaction. Not the best sound quality but man.. comedy gold!




AC:Living Lohan is just a train wreck. And, and, I watched if for a while and I finally said to myself, “I cannot believe I’m wasting a minute of my life watching these horrific people”. Brief break here and then...

AC:Living Lohan is just atrocious. I mean, these people, Do you know about these people? I didn’t know anything about these people. Apparently they’re quite well known.

KR:Right. Right. OK, Ok. Yeah, right. Right, right.

AC:And uh. There’s one, Lindsey Lohan, who is apparently quite famous for doing all sorts of things. She’s not even in the show. So somehow her mother got a show in which, because of this person who’s not even on the show.

KR:Right, so they, do they refer to her, I mean, they refer to-

AC:They constantly refer to this person who’s never seen on the show. So, I guess people are hoping maybe this other person, Lindsey, is gonna show up. But until then we’re stuck with these horrific people. And they, there’s this uh, perfectly nice, seeming, allegedly a 14 year old girl. Looks to be about 60. But-LAUGHTER

KR:Right, right.

AC:Uhh. Who is… No, I say that with concern and love. And, she, allegedly wants to be a singer and/or actor, slash performer of some sort.

KR:OK.

AC: Strip tease person, I don’t know.

KR:Right.

AC:And I don’t that she actually has sung-

KR:I’ve met... I’ve met her. No, I’ve met the, I’ve met the little, but she was a little girl when I met her.

AC:Right. And she seems perfectly nice and I feel bad for her. But at 14 she’s you know? She’s out there. Like her mom is like, “All right! Go out there. You’re a singer! Be a star!”.

KR:Right. Well, it's that, uh. I think it's. The- You know, they’re obviously a multi-talented family.

AC can’t help but start to laugh at this next assertion.

KR:The kids sing and they perform. And they’ve been in the-

AC:Yeah. All right, no. Hey, sure. I,uh. Maybe that’s in the episode I didn’t see.

I know it doesn’t take much to attack a sitting target like the Lohan family. But the relaxed way that he spoke about them and the specific adjectives he used to describe these people were priceless. Atrocious and horrific. I couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments: