Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To the Guy who Brought a Monkey to the Palin Rally


1.I am neither Dem or GOP, just so that’s clear. Honestly, I think that Obama will be a terrible president. But McCain will suck just as hard. Plus they’re both liars.
2.I think that an adult man has every right to walk around town with an “Obama” sticker attached to a Curious George doll. It’s not against the law to carry around a stuffed monkey toy (in fact, I would pay $1000 to see him do that on the South side of Chicago).


Just a little tip though: You’re not inspiring confidence in your candidate by doing this. To most people you look like the stereotypical, dumbass bigot from Arkansas who has made the GOP so unpopular and cringe worthy recently. You are actually hurting your own agenda by engaging in this behavior. It’s how Bill Cosby must feel if he listened to Gangsta Rap; you’re only reinforcing the generalization that you and the people with whom you associate are huge, gaping assholes.

Now some might’ve seen this video and laughed a little bit. I do think that racial humor has potential to be awesome. Anyone who has seen Chapelle Show or any Chris Rock comedy will probably acquiesce. There’s a scene in Blazing Saddles, where the exchange between the sheriff and an old woman is:



Bart:Good mornin', ma'am. And isn't it a lovely mornin'?
Elderly Woman:Up yours, nigger.


Yeah, they used the “n-word”. Mel Brooks has had some shining moments in the history of comedy. But this isn’t a Hollywood farce. No one is using “The Schwartz” or singing “Puttin’ on the Ritz” with Frankenstein. It can be humorous but will do little to help a nation burdened with a financial crisis, 2 wars, a looming energy disaster and failed health care system. The events that take place over the next few wks will probably impact your life greatly. If you’re an old bastard like the dick in the Youtube clip, you may not expect to make it another 4yrs. Seeing as I have a solid 30-40 more left, I encourage you to look at the view points that the candidates advocate and decide for yourself what’s best for your family and the country at large. Which is why I’m throwing my vote away for the Libertarian choice, Bob Barr, just like I voted Libertarian in the last 2 elections. I just can’t see myself voting for Oldy McBush or a freaking monkey.

No comments: