Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rupert the Prude and Craigslist Personals

Craigslist has an interesting section called “Barter” where people can exchange goods or services for currency other than American dollars. I found this board interesting, for example:Will trade singing lessons for a Nintendo Wii. Will trade my CD collection for a Fender Stratocaster. Then I saw this one from a guy who will trade his services as a personal trainer for time with “a woman that takes good care of her feet so that I can kiss, lick, smell, and smother my face into them”. Yup, that’s right. Then I got to the Craigslist personals and was even more aghast.

At this point in my life, there isn’t much that can gross me out. Even the most masochistic and depraved sex internet sites might initially surprise me, but they don’t bother me. This is what happens when you see 3 unrelated men in the ER in the same night, each with different objects jammed up their rectums (a cigar case, a handle of a soup ladle and a gherkin). Then there was the guy who liked sticking swizzle sticks into his urethra until it perforated into what is commonly called the chode. So you can see how this process can be a bit desensitizing to all things gross.

Then there’s Craigslist personal ads. All I want to say is that if you want to find 100’s, nay 1000’s of pictures of penis, look no further. Don’t try Google Image or Yahoo. Craigslist has them all beat by a mile. Apparently a lot of guys think that this is the best approach to meeting someone; show pictures of your cock. The “Men seeking Men” category was almost entirely cock pics, but a large portion of the hetero section was also penisful (don’t think that’s a real word, but it means “full of penis”).

The raw nature of these pictures didn’t really shock me. But then I got to thinking about the whole concept and became depressed. It occurred to me that with the large volume of these penis pic ads, clearly they must be working for someone, right? Already almost everything my parents and teachers ever told me about relationships is not only wrong, but in fact the perfect opposite. Real life can be so disappointing sometimes.

No comments: