Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Game Show

For the longest time celebrities have participated on game shows. There’s a great Youtube clip of Salvador Dali on the 1950’s What's My Line? and I remember seeing anyone from Paul Lynde to Tony Danza on Password and $64,000 Pyramid. Game shows are still a big deal, just ask Drew Carrey.

Personally I think a lot of the new ones suck. And the participants must be drunk, high or profoundly retarded to act like such utter assholes over a stupid dining set or Jetski. Deal or No Deal involves about as much skill as Russian Roulette; which would probably be a much more entertaining concept, especially given these dipshit contestants (Think Carrot-Top meets Dane Cook, but MORE annoying). Note:I paused here for 30mins, transfixed w/ the fantasy of watching a Carrot-Top/Dane Cook amalgam taking a bullet a la The Deer Hunter.

Anyway, my idea for a new game show is simple:Celebrity Drinking Games! Every show would be prefaced w/ Gary Coleman chugging a bottle of Southern Comfort, telling everyone to “drink responsibly, Mr. D” and Danny Bonaduce crushing a beer can against his forehead.

There are so many possibilities! Games of skill like beer pong, caps and flip cup! Card games like Circle of Death, Asshole and Screw the Dealer! NTM sweeps week specials like Century club. I figure that if Howie Mandel can have a whole show full of drunken retards, then so can I.

Imagine a weekend of special “rehab guests”:
Matthew Perry and John Daley against Bobby Brown and Robert Downey Jr in a grueling game of quarters? I call Iron Man! I’m telling you, this would be much more interesting to watch than seeing Doogie Howser play the fat, black dude from Transformers in Texas Hold ‘Em. I actually like watching poker on TV. But to watch some washed-up celebutards get drunk and throw down would really be Must-See-TV.

Additionally this would end years of speculation over who can drink the most. Some people say Lohan, Tom Sizemore or Andy Dick. My guess would have to be Gary Busse. He’s the perfect poster boy for that part of
the Venn diagram including the intersection of “drunk” and “retarded”.

No comments: